Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A happy day, a WIP, and a FO

Sorry I haven't felt like writing much...I've sort of been in a slump. I did have a wonderful day on Friday though, because it included a) a massage at a day spa, including back, scalp, and neck. I smelled like lavender the whole day; b) more yarn, including sock yarn and some yarn for my mother's top and; c) I bought some awesome knitting books.
Sounds like a great day, right? So here's a pic to prove it:
The small dark blue sock yarn is Wildfoote from Brown Sheep Company. The red stuff is Rowan Linen Print for my mom's top for Mother's Day (I'll let you know when I cast on...). The other sock yarn is called OnLine, but I'm thinking about returning it because I don't really want a "faux fair-isle" type of thing. The books I got were Rowan Beach Cool, with my mom's pattern and a few others she wants me to make her (I"ll let you know when I cast on for those as well) and Twinkle's Big City Knits. I really like a lot of her patterns, even though they are for "heroin chic" girls. I am on the tad thin side anyway. I'm thinking about reworking them for a smaller gauge though for spring and summer, since chunky knits are usually heavy. The best part of it all? My mom bought everything! Yes, it was a big suck up day here in Sarah world.

Here is also what I have been working on for a while. It's based off Glampyre's boobholder. I adapted it to my gauge and size though, and once I got to where I wanted the v-neck to end, I joined in the round. Looks like the only way I'm going to make something that fits is to invent it myself. I've gotten three inches farther along than in the pictures, and am now ready for ribbing. Then I'll only have the sleeves to do, and I don't plan on adding much length, so it should be done soon. I can't wait. It'll be my first wearable item!


Sorry the pics weren't great, I had to take them myself. You can see my dog and the edge of my clarinet in the background which I haven't played for ages.

I also recently attended a bridal shower for my third cousin...I think (she's the daughter of my dad's cousin, to make it more confusing). That was on Sunday. I had never met half the people there before, but they all seemed to know who I was. I had never met Kelli (for whom the party was being thrown) before, at least I didn't remember her because she says she remembered me being shorter. I made her a bag from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and it actually was a quick knit, as I started it on Thursday and finished on Saturday. The only modifications that I made were to knit it on Magic Loop and to line it. Otherwise it's the same.
My mom was holding it up for this pic, she wanted to make it look "fancy". We went over to my grandma's house so she could sew in the lining that I had picked out (my mom wanted flowers, but I said no). The ties are also from my grandma. Wasn't she nice?
The bag, in total, cost about $5 or $6, because the fabric was about a dollar and I used some cheap Simply Soft. And I don't think it looks half bad.

I also took tons of spring photos, but I think I'll save that for another post (probably later today).

No comments: