Thursday, May 3, 2007

FO

Igonore the arm, I had no idea why I put it there, but it shows off the shape of the sweater well.
My mom says I look like my grandmother, all posey-posey.
Suki doesn't like my shirt; maybe it's the smell (it was blocking, so it was damp). If the pic looks dark, just look at the screen on an angle, or scroll up. Whichever way works for you.
Lying with my sock yarn that I have yet to use.

I just finished this yesterday. I ended up changing the gauge, got rid of the garter stitch edges, joined in the round to make a v-neck, and added waist shaping. I crocheted slip stitch on the edge of the v-neck to make it lie flat, which it did after blocking, only one side is tighter than the other. I used 2 skeins of Cottonease, only dipping into the 3rd for the ribbing, which means it cost around $10 to make. My mother can't believe that I spent that little, and is thinking of not taking me shopping so I can just make my own clothes from now on for cheaper. I said I'll think about it.

I have also cast on for Pomatomus two at a time on ML, but the k2tog tbl's are driving me crazy, as well as hurting my hands. I think I'm going to have to buy a tiny crochet hook to help me, but I'm worried that they don't make them that small. I'll have to see, otherwise I have to frog.

No comments: